WEEK TWO - SOCIAL MEDIA


Who in the world doesn't know what social media is? It is the key answer as to why people are soooo glued to their gadgets all day and night! My parents once told me, "I don't need smartphone, all I need is a phone that can make a call and send messages." Well, that definitely changed when they were introduced to the world of Internet and Social media. Now, they always check their phones and take pictures to be shared through their social media accounts.

But, Why?

What is so interesting about social media that it can always entertain you anytime anywhere? 
I think one of the reason why social media is so special is because we as users can also take part in contributing information that might be useful or exciting for others. It makes us feel like we are a reporter of our own news channel.  


(A user who alert other users about the mass shooting)

What makes it even better is the fact social media also give us access to the latest information around the world at our fingertips. Imagine that through few clicks and that, we are able to receive news and information that we never heard before!

 
   (When Pulse is trying to reach out to all customers about the mass shooting)

I also find social media really helpful and useful for people who are away from their parents or family, like me. As an international student here in Singapore, of course I find it hard to be away from home for so long, especially that I am alone here. What if I am lost and in need of help?? BUT THANK GOD FOR SOCIAL MEDIA! I can easily keep in touch with my friends and family back in my country, and I have access to information about Singapore to guide me everywhere.

Alas, I think that social media is very useful and helpful if we as users put it into good use.

See ya.



Comments

  1. looks like social media has aid your stay here in Singapore as an international student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the good part of social media that I like! With social media, we can get news instantaneously and connect with family and friends. It's nice to know that social media has helped you keep in touch with your family and friends ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts