WEEK TEN - THE FUTURE


Are you ready for a revolution where everything is controlled and run by robots and technology? Well, I think you should start preparing yourself. Looking at how technology take over some of the people’s occupations and jobs, I can safely say that at a point of time, everything will be done by technology. AND I AM HONESTLY WORRIED!

I had seen people who sit at a computerized wheel chair when they are blessed with a healthy body just for the sake of convenience. You see that robot mops that are invented to help people clean the floor? They created a whole new laziness for people who can actually manage to do the cleaning themselves. If these small inventions can make people so lazy, I cannot imagine what will happen when there are more advanced technologies introduced to the world.

I admit that some of these technologies, especially Internet, are useful and come in handy when we really need help, but some people took them for granted. I do not want us to be people who cannot do anything without the presence of technology and Internet. 

I saw movies that portrayed our future world, and even though it looks cool, it actually makes us look dumb and clueless. Take, for example, the scenario that we went through in class about shopping.

Why would anyone want that kind of technology when we can clearly read the labels ourselves? Yes, it would be helpful for people who suffered from disability and illiteracy, but when you implement it to be used by everyone, people would just become lazy and not use their own knowledge and abilities.

To be honest, I have nothing against technology, but the way people utilize them is really not plausible. Moreover, we cannot really stop technology from developing, especially when some people might need their assistance.

Hence, I feel that people should be more considerate and think twice before using technology, because once they depend on it, it will be very hard to change.
 

Comments

  1. Yes, I agree with you! It's really crazy that we have all these gadgets that make us even more lazy. I guess it's also up to us to decide if we should surrender to them (and use them) and become lazy or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts