WEEK NINE - AR APPS!


When the teacher told us that we will be studying about Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR), the first thought that came to my mind was POKEMONNNN!!! Oh my GOD! I still remember the day Niantic decided to end all of our misery and launched the Pokemon Go app in Asia. I was so happy that I literally scampered out of my bed and called my friends to go hunting with me. The app itself is really cool! The routes that follow the real-world environment and the places of interests in the game that were really similar with the one in our world! One word: AMAZINGGG!

I knew AR existed for a while now and I understand its basic concept, but I never realized that I have used a lot of applications that use AR to maximize its functions. Okay, let me give you some examples of AR applications that I used..

1. Google translate

Did you guys know that feature where you can scan the text that you don’t understand with your smartphone’s camera, and the application will translate the text real-time! I really love this app, it saves you a lot of time and effort! You can scan the whole paragraph if you want, and the app will effortlessly translate it for you. They said that as of now, you can use this feature to translate up to 13 different languages, that’s a lot!
I have to personally thank Google for creating this app that had saved me from getting lost when I was in foreign countries. THANKS GOOGLE!

2. Wikitude

I have no words for this app. It is a life savior when it comes to touring across different countries and nations. How this app basically works is that you use the camera in your smartphone and point it to the building that you want to know about, and voila! They will tell all the information that they have about the building and you don’t have to waste time of going to the Internet anymore.
Moreover, you can use this app to search for the nearest ATM or restaurant.
Again, shooo amazing!

3. Ink Hunter

Thinking of getting a new tattoo? Then download this app to save you from regret! This app gives you a preview of how the tattoo you want will looks like on your body. How this app works is that you choose the tattoo you want, either from the ones they provide in the app, or from your photo library.  Next, draw a square on a part of your body that you want to place the tattoo on. Then, point your camera of your phone to square. The app will scan for the square and will place the tattoo in the square virtually.

So, what are you waiting for? TRY IT NOW AND PREPARE TO BE AMAZEDDDD

Comments

  1. woah nice apps! I was personally amazed by Google Translate. I've been using the app for some time, but it was only a few months ago that I found out I can scan some foreign word and it will translate the word for me! As cool as the app is, it's not very accurate sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I think so too, but if Google can put some effort to develop the app better, I think Google Translate will be really cool and helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts