WEEK THREE - THE DANGER OF SOCIAL NETWORKING



While I talked about social media in the last post, this post is to warn people that too engaged in a social network is not good.

I think most of us are active in terms of social networking, being it for personal use or for business. Why? I think it is for the sake of connecting with people around the world. However, by becoming too engaged in a social network, we sometimes forget everything that is happening around us. We isolate ourselves from our environment, we prefer to interact with people online than in the real world, we even forget to eat and lose sleep because we enjoyed it too much... In other
words, social media makes us into a smartphone zombies!!
Image result for smartphone zombies 


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7c/86/03/7c8603e056a09b5a3788a0c5a09f06d5.jpg

I know right!? I mean why would someone bother meeting up with other people if the only thing you do there is using their smartphone.. Yes, I do get the point that social media is addictive, even I use it all the time! However, everything that is too much is not good, and that include social networking. I feel that by quitting social media, we can find a new hobby to fill up our free time, or be more engaging with the people in the real world.
I am not saying that social networking is a bad thing to do and that we should quit it right now and not open it again foreverrrr. We can sometimes use it when we are bored, but, we only live once. And I'm sure that we as a teenager, wouldn't want to waste it in a world that doesn't exist in the real world..

“The average human lifespan is 39,420,000 minutes, if you are lucky. How are you currently spending your life-minutes? Where are they going? Are you OK with that?” - Unknown

A tip! If you have trouble, remember what people actually use and do before the existence of social media.

Image result for social network meme


Good luck!




Comments

  1. i like the vintage social networking image you posted, it really made me reflect how i have neglected on these "vintage" things that are still around my room/house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I agree with you that social media can be addictive. I guess as long as we can manage our social media use, it is good enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts